Related Posts with Thumbnails

I have received a schmooze award !

5 July 2007 9 comments




My good pal Morricone over at Cracked Ego recognized me with this award and here's what he said about moi....
"kim - She's the bee's knees, there's just no other way to put it. Amazing painter with a knack for making herself seem very accessible. Go to laketrees for some great art and conversation and then, head to PoeARTica for some great reading."
thanks Morriconei and I owe it to you and your stimulating conversation...

Morriconei was recognized by
Lisa Q at
40s Singleness-Living "The Secret" who said:
"Besides being a very talented artist and writer, Morriconei is a master schmoozer who is always sure to respond to comments left on his blog. Be sure to check out Cracked Ego."
I couldn't have said it better myself..........

Mike at Ordinary Folk and his friend Danielle have created the new Power of Schmooze award.
Mike wrote:
Schmoozing as defined by Dictonary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much.

so here are the 5 master schmoozers that I would like to show my appreciation to for their friendship ..........

1. Lisa at Lisa Lorenz Studio Blog ......is the sunniest...friendliest....and most loyal friend ...she is a talented artist who paints beautiful ...colourful.....paintings....and she visits me here ...rain ...hail ...or shine....to leave her rainbow comments......she has achieved much in the blogging world and is recognized by the top art sites as a very successful artist...

2. Deborah at Life in the Fast Lane always responds to my comments over at her place in a really friendly way.....that's probably why she in the top 100 at Technorati.....and top of the list at Blogging to Fame ......she is always willing to help others......and is very caring as well.....that's when she's not biking around the country or gardening in the middle of the night......

3. Mary Ann at Maryannaville™ is the queen of schmooze when it comes to talkin'......a very caring..and friendly..socially active.....top blogger at BTF too ....and ....why shouldn't she be.... when she knows she can go home to her beautiful burgundy blog every day...

4 Pearl at Interesting Observations
is the sweetest...most unnaffected .....'princess'.......(who btw ...happens to think that Prince William is a better catch than Leonardo Di Caprio).........Pearl writes interesting ...thoughtful articles with a fresh...and open point of view.....and always responds to her readers in the same manner.....

5. Anna at Box1715 and at Hidden Shadows is a very thoughtful....talented poet/writer who writes beautifully sensitive poems....her comments are always meaningful ....she glides by your blog ...quietly and with grace.......

Links to this post

TwitThis

9 comments: to “ I have received a schmooze award ! so far...

  • Anna 5.7.07
     

    Hi Kim;

    Thank you so much for passing the award on to me, and for the kind words as well.

    Oh my gosh, almost forgot - CONGRATULATIONS, LOL!

    Have a great day!
    Anna

  • Lisa 5.7.07
     

    WOW..Kim...I am in tears..what a beautiful thing you wrote about me! I love it! Thanks soooo much. I am so happy to know you and be your friend...and have two of your precious paintings in my home. Yep, we have known each other for some time now and it has been wonderful! I love visitng you blog and seeing your wonderful art and posts. Cheers to you and Congrats on the award....the best mate around! You made my day! big hugs to you xoxoxox

  • Kim 6.7.07
     

    hi Anna
    thanks lol.....it was my pleasure and you have a great day too.....
    xxx Kim


    you are a dear friend Lisa....
    and we love your stunning paintings at our house ....they are our little rays of sunshine......thanks for the grats and you can pass this award on to your friends too...have a great time celebrating Andreas's birthday !!!!
    xoxoxox

  • Saboma 6.7.07
     

    Mwahahaha, this is so kewl! I am moved profoundly. Thank you, JB.

    Maryannaville will not ever be the same since we've met, Kim. I mean, like, how many people get the privilege of meeting up with another emotional Girly who gets misty eyed over a color matching scroll bar?

    Got nuttin' but love fer ya, SistahMine! ^5

  • Kim 6.7.07
     

    ykykykykyky JB
    I take it that you are happy to accept this award? Saboma/MA....where are the tissues?........LOL ...just as well I haven't got around to putting my scrollbar in yet......or we would both be emotionally bereft...
    XXXXXXXX

  • pearl 6.7.07
     

    aah I am truly humbled by the honor bestowed upon me by My Lady Queen... :)

    You are the best Kim :) I am really fortunate to have met you :) this is like the second time you've tagged me in such a short time and now I really feel like I am Eubie :)

    thank you so much!! many hugs...

  • Kim 6.7.07
     

    haha Princess Pearl
    the honour is mine.....and ....
    I believe that you have a personal elf manual(lol)
    This will certainly help you in your quest for many more awards...
    xxxxxx

  • Deborah 7.7.07
     

    Wow, a Master Schmoozer eh? I would never have thought of myself that way, haha!

    Thanks for the award and kind words :-)

    Now who do I tag when you've tagged everyone I know, haha!

  • Kim 7.7.07
     

    You're welcome Deborah......

About The Author
Kim Barker is a Visual Artist (Diploma in Art and Graduate Diploma in Education). She is also a fully trained Reading Recovery Teacher. She has taught RAD (Royal Academy of Dancing) and Cecchetti Ballet Syllabii. Kim also manages the Top Artist' Directory and PoeARTica as well as her blog laketrees She lives with her family on the Eastern Central Coast of Australia. Follow Kim at laketrees on Twitter for updates and news