Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ranking and Awards

6 February 2008 23 comments













latest progress on Portrait of Colin's Daughter
click on image to zoom








A-List BloggerA-List Bloggers
(500 or more blogs linking in the last 6 months)
With 503 links in the last 180 days, Technorati places laketrees in the very high authority group.
In this group we see what might be considered the blogging elite. This group, which represents more than 4,000 blogs, exhibits a radical shift in post frequency as well as blog age. Bloggers of this type have been at it longer – a year and a half on average – and post nearly twice a day, an increase in posting volume of over 100% from the previous group. Many of the blogs in this category, in fact, are about as old as Technorati and we’ve grown up together. Some of these are full-fledge professional enterprises that post many, many times per day and behave increasingly like our friends in the mainstream media. As has been widely reported, the impact of these bloggers on our cultures and democracies is increasingly dramatic.




laketrees is #4 on Top 100 Australian Women’s Blogs and PoeARTica is #19
Leigh over at All for Women has also been the brain behind "The Bra"
Do you want to join The Sisterhood of the travelling Bra?
Read all about it here





Blogroll Amnesty Day


thank you for this award Jackie @ The Painted Veil

Jackie's favorite reads:



Carol: My View Of It
My Reviews and Finds
Santa Claus: Santas Community blog
Everyday Should Be Christmas
Jos: NoDirectOn(NotNoDirection)
The Blue Ribbon Bloggers
DaddyPaperSurfer-Old Git
Sugar Queen: SugarQueensDream
The Down Side Of Up (PG)
Mel: Monday Morning Power
Colin (Cotojo): Life
Cotojo:Free PC Security
Marzie: Mariuca Wishing On A Falling Star
Amel: Amels Realm
Gurushabad
My Blog Log: My Blog Log Blog
Zubli Zainordin: My Total Blog
Darlene: Auntie Dar's Life
Fracas
Olga The Travelling Bra
Speedcat Hollydale
Canadian Curmudgeon: Observations From the back Forty
Poetry By The Redneck Gypsy
Rotus
Clarks Picks
Rybupsp: My Youtube Synopsis
Fum Filed Under Misc.
Sylvied : La Rochelle
Kevin : Tales Of A Smart up
Fuel My Blog's Blog
TinyBellows: Aesthetic Emotions and Photography
Doing It The Tiny Bellows Way And Adding A Little Magic
Linky Love
jnbammer: Discovering Dad
Struck In Traffic
Kimchihead: Hardboiled, Kimchi-Stained Verbiage.
Paisley: Why Paisly
The Ink Pot
Jeane Michelle Coupe: Binding Ink
Humanitarian Causes United for Humanity
Ann Clemmons: A Nice Place In The Sun
Robin: The Spirit Knows Best
Mo: It's A Blog Eat Blog World
Cowgilrl Betty: Colorado Cowgirl in Upstate New York
Revellian
Jesse The Cat
Pix And Stuff
Lance: Soul Searching
Mauro: 1 Million Love Messages
Sandee: Comedy Plus
Mimi Lenox: Mimi Writes
Dating Profile of The Day
Texas Jam: The All Seeing Eye
Zhoep (SophiaGurl): Life Is Just Around The Corner
70's Teen: diary of a 70s teen
Paula: six4Paula
Polliwog's Pond
buckeyecop: The Poly Heights Chronicles
Julies Blog
Rolando: My Hush Space
The NAFASG Team
PurpleFrogCat
JaniceNG: This Is A Miracle
Liquid Illuzion
Kimba: Thoughts From The Lioness
Franscud: Caught In The Stream
Kesa: Little Aussie Cynic
Sue Blimely: Blogging SueBlimely
Colorado Baby: Sharing Gifts
Loz: Sunrays and Saturdays
Midlife-A Journey
Hanna: Amori,poesie,arte,chat virtual by Hanna



    Durano @ THE SPITTING VESSEL has compiled the best Blogroll Amnesty Day policy ever...
    check it out here...
    Bolstered Blogroll Benefits
    it's a must read !!!




    Santa's Blog of the Day for 2/6/08

    big thanks to Santa and the voters for the Blog of the Day Award






    Kim's signature

    Photobucket

    Links to this post

    TwitThis

    23 comments: to “ Ranking and Awards so far...

    • grottynosh 6.2.08
       

      Wow Kim,
      The portrait is coming along really well and looks awesome :)

      I think Technorati is going to explode under the Big Bang hahahah, it's like being on a rocket!

      Have a wonderful day my dear friend,
      Colin

    • Diane 6.2.08
       

      Congrats on the ranking - the progress on Colin's daughters portrait - the new look blog....the awards...did I miss anything? :)

      Diane

    • durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit 6.2.08
       

      Kim,

      This is soooo very much deserved! Congratulations! I feel so happy for you and elated too that I am in regular touch with an A list blogger; one who belongs to the elite category of bloggers and soon to be Australia's #1 Woman blogger!

      My eyes popped when I saw the post and a rush of warm feelings seemed to have enveloped me. You've done very well and I feel so proud of you.... Please don't let this mean that you'd stop painting and just blog all day! :-)

      This site is so universally interesting that great men post comments here like Lao-Tse and Ralph Waldo Emerson. :-)

      Seriously, your impact on blogosphere is being recognized and the world at large may follow not too long from now. I believe it is a recognition of the creative talent (painting), the effort to link other artists and propagate their art and their craft (101 artists), the kind and warm personality which projects beyond distance and digital media, and the humanity of the person behind all these. --Durano, done!

    • Monday Morning Power 6.2.08
       

      Hi Kim,
      Congratulations!!! Aren't you glad you joined the Big Bang. I have been at this for 10 months and my rating is almost 900. Ahhhhh, the power of the meme. But the best part about the Big Bang is all of the new friends I have made.

    • Kim 6.2.08
       

      thanks Colin...
      your authority must be looking pretty hot !!!
      technorati exploding !!!
      my ...that wouldn't be a pretty picture :D
      a sunny day to you too Colin :)


      thanks Diane :)
      I think you've covered it all :)
      oh the travelling bra....now that's a lot of fun....
      I hope your back is feeling better :)


      ah yes Durano..
      I was in the mood for quotations yesterday and I thought these quotes were MOST appropriate :)
      thanks so much for your very kind words :)
      ha!! the temptation to blog all day is there but painting is like a small child who needs much love and attention....and that is hard to resist :)
      and of course I can't have conversations with my paintings...so I blog and converse with kind...generous....interesting... and stimulating bloggers ...such as yourself :)


      hey Mel
      you have done a mighty job with the Big Bang!!
      you have invested a lot of time and hard work and I just know that you are going to get that world record !!!
      and you are so right...
      such an opportunity to visit and make friends...
      oh and btw...I'm very very glad ;)

    • Lynda Lehmann 6.2.08
       

      Kim, your new "logo" looks great, as does the portrait of Colin's daughter. You are bringing her likeness alive, as you do with all your fine portraits!

      Congrats on your blog ranking! You are a commanding presence in our blogging world, and your voice and presence enhance our experience and connections in our global neighborhood. Your dynamism and hard work SHOULD be acknowledged!

    • Kim 6.2.08
       

      thank you very much Lynda...
      you are very kind :)
      the portrait is coming along very nicely :) and I'm really happy with the progress...

      only 3 days to go to your big day !!!

      are you getting butterflies?
      ha...and 9 is my lucky number so I know your opening will be a huge success :) :)

    • Bobby 6.2.08
       

      Congratulations Kim! I wish for you to become #1 and I know you will!!!!

    • Kim 6.2.08
       

      thanks for your vote of confidence Bobby...:)
      # 4 position is pretty terrific...and I can thank Mel and his Big Bang Meme and all of the wonderful bloggers who are participating...for helping me get there :)
      you have a good day :))

    • HANNA 6.2.08
       

      Ciao Kim!
      clap clap clap clap...
      and
      clap clap clap clap...
      Forte!
      now I make you one portraiture!
      bien,
      hot embrace,
      :0)

    • Kim 6.2.08
       

      thank you Hanna...
      wowee a portrait too...this is great ...*curtsey*
      have a sunny day over there in Italy...
      ciao :)

    • durano lawayan a.k.a. brad spit 6.2.08
       

      Kim,
      Thanks for linking my post on the topic of blogrolls. You're so kind.

      That's why you're so blessed.

      --Durano, done!

    • Kim 6.2.08
       

      my pleasure Durano...and thank YOU :))
      your policy is very well written and hits the nail on the head when it comes to blogging etiquette and simple courtesy ...
      I couldn't agree more with your guidelines and observations :)

    • John (Copyright JMM 2007-2008) 7.2.08
       

      Wonderful kindness quotes - have they always been there - I have a backpack of ADD so I do not know.

      Congratualtions on your blog stature. I marvel at your artistic and social instincts.

      Very glad to fly often via cyber-Quantas to a lake with such beautiful welcoming trees everywhere.

      Kindest regards, John

    • ThePoliticalCat 7.2.08
       

      Hello Kim,

      I see you're up the ladder from me in terms of blog ranking, and Blogroll Amnesty Day is really about helping people down the ladder from you. That said, your blog is beautiful, so I'm linking to you anyway. Of course a reciprocal link is always appreciated but if my blog doesn't interest you, it doesn't, and that's too bad. We pass the hankies and move on.

      Beautiful portraits, and congrats on making it into the top 100 list!

    • BoydGreeneArt 7.2.08
       

      Congratulations Kim on the fruits of your hard work and talent. The portrait is looking absolutely fabulous! As hard as it is to conceive it seems as though you are getting even better at them. The last three years I was around a lot of very highly touted portrait artists and none could capture a likeness as well as you and yet you capture every ounce of beauty that is to be had! Amazing!

    • Kim 7.2.08
       

      love your description of my site John...
      that's a keeper!!
      and Quantas is definitely the only way to fly IMO...
      I put the quotes in yesterday so you are observant :)
      I find sometimes that I need a little affirmation and quotes are perfect for that...:)

      hi Political Cat ...
      I popped over and had a look at your site(s)?...no hankies here ..
      I have added you to blogrolls on your sidebars....
      admire your wit and humour...
      interesting to read about your health tips too... a lot of common sense advice there !!!

      hi Boyd
      well if this portrait ends up better than the last I'll be pretty happy ..
      progress is very slow for me..eek !!
      thank you for your constant support and kind words....it means a lot to me :)

    • RennyBA 8.2.08
       

      I voted too of course - simply because you're such a great blog friend and really deserves it :)

    • Kim 8.2.08
       

      thanks so much Rennie...
      and thanks for your vote at Bloggers Choice too !!! :-X
      have a terrific weekend :)

    • Lindsay 9.2.08
       

      Kim, this is a very timely post for me as I'm working on portraits too. I like how you dive right in to do the darks. I'll enjoy seeing your steps.
      I LOVE your quotes in the comment section. Courtesy is something the world could use more of!

    • Kim 9.2.08
       

      so true Lindsay...
      courtesy and manners....make life pleasant don't they ....
      I will pop over and have a look at your portrait.... :)

    • Rolando 13.2.08
       

      Wow, that is some work! Excellent. Wish I could draw :) Thank you for the link love Kim!

    • Kim 13.2.08
       

      hey Rolando ..
      you're welcome and thanks for calling in :)

    About The Author
    Kim Barker is a Visual Artist (Diploma in Art and Graduate Diploma in Education). She is also a fully trained Reading Recovery Teacher. She has taught RAD (Royal Academy of Dancing) and Cecchetti Ballet Syllabii. Kim also manages the Top Artist' Directory and PoeARTica as well as her blog laketrees She lives with her family on the Eastern Central Coast of Australia. Follow Kim at laketrees on Twitter for updates and news