Last week I was tagged twice for the
by.... Dunn at Must Read Files
and Thereyoucome at Here it goes, there it comes.
because "I love a sunburnt country."
1. I've been to Paris, London, LA, Europe, New Zealand, Israel, Singapore, Wales.... and I still call Australia home......there are only two places that I would revisit and they are Paris and Wales......
2. I have lived in 43 different places and 40 of them are in Australia....
3. I have been to Queensland, Victoria and Tasmania...as well as most towns and cities in NSW (where I live)
4. I have not been to Western Australia, Northern Territory or South Australia..(they are on my wish list)
5. I believe that the Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and Lake Macquarie are the 3 wonders of the world....
6. Australia has the cuddliest, friendliest and most unique animals in the world.......and that goes for the human inhabitants as well......
7. Our National Anthem is Advance Australia Fair...except for when the Queen comes to visit and then we all sing God Save the Queen.....
8. Australians are recognised world wide in the arts and sports.....( think Colleen McCullough, Kylie Minogue, Dame Joan Sutherland, Nicole Kidman, Errol Leslie Thomson Flynn, Sir William Dobell, Banjo Paterson, The Ashes, World Soccer, Tennis, Swimming and of course the America's Cup...hehe)
9. Australia's original inhabitants were hunter-gatherers, with a complex oral culture and spiritual values based on reverence for the land and a belief in the Dreamtime.
Aboriginal Australian proverb:
"Keep your eyes on the sun and you will not see the shadows."
10..Australia really is the Lucky Country !!!!!
11. I believe that Gough Whitlam was Australia's greatest Prime Minister.....Although his government spent a relatively short time in office, many of the policies and institutions set up under it are still evident today, such as Medicare. Both his 'presidential' style of politics and his dramatic dismissal and subsequent election loss still arouse intense passion and debate.
attributed Quotes...source Wikipedia
"I've never said I was a good Prime Minister. I've merely said I'm the best, and I think that's true."
"The punters know that the horse named Morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named Self-interest always runs a good race."
12. Australia's airline Quantas is the safest in the world.
13. Australia is famous for its ANZACS
14. This list would not be complete without citing Ned Kelly our most infamous bush ranger.
"A day will come in a bigger court than this when we will see who is right or wrong."
15. Australians are usually laid back and down to earth people.
16. Australia has produced more Nobel Prize winners per head of population than any other country in the world.
I am not tagging any one in particular....but I would love to hear about your country and why you feel patriotic about it......